Moanalua Middle School Band
Symphonic Band - Tour refund check & t-shirt
Saturday, April 25, 2020
10:00 - 11:00 am
to the MMS Band website!
Aloha and welcome to the Moanalua Middle School Band website. The Moanalua Middle School Band program offers a variety of ensembles that currently has an enrollment of 223 seventh and eighth graders in the 2019-20 school year. We offer two Beginning Band [periods 1 & 2] classes comprised of seventh and eighth graders. Incoming students who learned a band instrument during summer school are placed in the Intermediate Band [period 6] class. The Symphonic Band [period 5] consists mainly 8th grade band students and a few selected Intermediate Band students. Second year students who are interested in taking another music class may audition to perform in the Jazz Band [period 4]. The Moanalua Middle School Music Department also offers a Concert Orchestra ensemble that combines the strings and band instruments which meets once a week after school.
Philosophy, Values and Benefits of the MMS band program:
- Students, parents, & teachers positively support each other through the MMS TRIBES AGREEMENTS (Mutual respect, appreciation, attentive listening, and right to pass).
- Develops strong musical fundamentals: rhythm, note reading literacy, and embouchure (mouth formation on mouthpiece).
- Use music as a medium to develop humanity: self-discipline, teamwork, character, responsibility, compassion, contributing member in our band and community.
- Every child is important and their individual roles are very significant to the success of our band program.
- Cultivates creativity.
- Improves communication.
- Creates and fosters leadership roles for the students.
- Appreciate, explore and create lifelong music learning outside of the classroom.