Aloha and welcome to the Moanalua Middle School Band website. The Moanalua Middle School Band program offers a variety of ensembles that currently has an enrollment of 142 seventh and eighth graders in the 2021-22 school year. We offer two Beginning Band classes comprised of seventh and eighth graders. Incoming students who learned a band instrument during summer school are placed in the Intermediate Band class. The Symphonic Band year students who are interested in taking another music class may audition to perform in the Jazz Band. The Moanalua Middle School Music Department also offers a Concert Orchestra ensemble that combines the strings and band instruments which meets once a week after school.
iframe width=625 height=3000 src="
Philosophy, Values and Benefits of the MMS band program:
- Students, parents, & teachers positively support each other through the MMS TRIBES AGREEMENTS (Mutual respect, appreciation, attentive listening, and right to pass).
- Develops strong musical fundamentals: rhythm, note reading literacy, and embouchure (mouth formation on mouthpiece).
- Use music as a medium to develop humanity: self-discipline, teamwork, character, responsibility, compassion, contributing member in our band and community.
- Every child is important and their individual roles are very significant to the success of our band program.
- Cultivates creativity.
- Improves communication.
- Creates and fosters leadership roles for the students.
- Appreciate, explore and create lifelong music learning outside of the classroom.